Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Burbank CA

My first time flying to CA last year our airplane landed at an airport in Burbank CA. To say the least I was completely unimpressed with that airport. Put an old bowling alley and a someone's garage together and that's pretty much what it looked like. I heard plenty of celebs pass trough that airportso I had expected it to be rather nice but was so wrong. If someone wants to keep a low profile at that airport, dress like a homeless person and you'd fit right in. That was my first airport where I had to actually walk out on to the tar mat to climb stairs in to my plane. One city I drove through last year was Birmingham Alabama. Burbank California and Birmingham Alabama though on different coast pose a striking resemblance to one anther. Litally they look exactly the same, hilly and all. Except the Hollywood sign visible in Burbank, Birmingham downtown with the buildings and crazy interstate drivers are one in the same. The plant life with tall palms and large hills and winding roads are amazingly similar. S if you want a feel for CA on the east coast drive through Birmingham Alabama. When I visited Burbank CA I was 6 months pregnant and thought the city of Burbank was not that safe to walk around through just by the way it appeared. I was there day and night time and still didn't see anything I'd enjoy strolling through. Not to mention at the Burbank airport the luggage carousels were outdoors and it was freezing outside. There is only one luggage carousel working out of the two total so if you don't mind standing around for a while in whatever weather is there have at it. They had very limited food and beverage places, I undstand that it is a small airport but for someone like me who eats very healthy I did not have many options. I can't say I will be booking my next flight to stop through Burbank unless we have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment