Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Packing luggage

In my experience taking one large suitcase works the best. I place all of my stuff and the babies stuff into one tightly packed suitcase. I've made the mistake of bringing way too much stuff. I never ended up using all of the items I bought and packed them for nothing just making more luggage to carry. In reality all you need are clothes, toiletries and a car seat. I have a bumbo seat and have brought it on one trip and found out it really was useless as a high chair for feeding or place to keep your baby. It wasn't functional and was awkward to pack. I bring blankets to put down in a crib the hotel provides which most of them do. I've brought a pack n play the first few times I've traveled because I thought it would help keep my baby away from hotel germs but really it was terrible to carry. Also I ended up laying the baby on the hotel bed at some point anyway which defeated the purpose of bringing the pack n play. Lastly if your baby spits up in the pack n play it's tough to get it up and impossible to wash the bottom piece so your baby lays in wet, smelly and just plain gross place to sleep. Just bring Clorox wipes and wipe down the crib the hotel provides before you place your baby in it. Bring travel size bottles of baby wash and lotion to help save space in your suitcase while packing. Also you most likely will use up the travel size bottles in a weeks time so you can throw the bottle away upon leaving and you have one less thing to pack up when you leave. Don't bother bringing a baby bath tub,it's a mess to pack especially if they are made of fabric. An inflatable tub is ok to use but I just clean the hotel tub myself and put a towel at the bottom of the tub and have him sit on that while I give him a quick bath. If your baby is small enough the sink works good too or sponge bath on the counter. I also don't bring a stroller I just use a Bjorn to carry him around in so I have both hands available to use. I never pack solid food for the entire duration of my stay, I purchase it upon arrival of my destination especially if I'm flying. Don't risk having them brake in your luggage. The same goes with diapers, just buy a pack when you get to the place your going. However do pack both items enough to get you to your destination. Don't bring a humidifier unless you need it. It does get dry in hotel rooms so if your like me and are used to humidity yearly I run the shower in a hotel room for five minutes on really hot water and keep the door open to the bathroom so the humidity from the shower gets into the room making it easier to breathe and more comfortable to prevent your airway from drying out. Bring your own hand sanitizer so you can help prevent infection wherever you go from start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment