Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dog crates

I fully believe in the power of crate training dogs. It's been a while since I've had to start from scratch with a new puppy though. Luckily we bought a crate that's airline approved and light weight. However teaching a new puppy to think of the crate as a comfy, safe and quiet place is a test of your patience. I've gained much patience from having my baby but I've now added a barking, crying mess to my nights. Just like the baby at first the dog fights sleep. The crate is scary and confining but a nessecary tool in training and keeping my house from becoming a bathroom. The barking all night is now waking up the baby. Funny how I get one baby to sleep and think I can do it with a different species. Let's hope the puppy gets well adjusted quickly and provides love and a means of protection to our traveling family.

No comments:

Post a Comment