Wednesday, March 14, 2012

San Diego Zoo

I was 6 months pregnant when my husband and I visited the San Diego zoo. It was march and the weather was perfect. That zoo is incredible. I dislike the idea of caging animals for the pleasure of humans but I wish every zoo would be modeled after this one. The environments the animals are kept in were so well created that it was impossible to tell one exhibit from the next. They flowed seamlessly from ne environment to the next. The animals were beautifully kept. All animals literally looked as if they were at home in the wild. It was absolutely beautiful. I underestimated the size of this zoo. The zoo provides bus rides around because it is so large. I wish we would have taken the bus! Pregnant and walking pretty much uphill both ways was crazy. I was out of breathe almost every other step. Luckily the park offers plenty of places to relax and sit. The food was ok, not amazing but ok. They have a sky ride over the entire zoo which was the tallest sky ride I have ever been on. It was so much fun. The admission price was high at 40 dollars a person but totally worth the money once you get inside and see the amazing job the care takers give to that zoo. I purchased a small stuffed animal giraffe for my son before he was born and he loves playing withit today. I have such beautiful memories about tha zoo and every time I see they son play with his toy giraffe I smile. I can't wait to take him there someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment